Welcome to the 3 Point Perspective podcast! This is THE podcast all about illustration. We talk all about how to do it, how to make a living at it, and how to make an impact in the world with your art.
Your hosts are Jake Parker, Will Terry, and Lee White. For the last 25 years, they've all worked with just about every major publisher and every publication in the biz. They've collectively published about 50 books, and have all taught at universities.
Each week, they're going to tackle a subject related to illustration from their three different perspectives. Sometimes they'll agree, sometimes they're gonna argue, but you are gonna learn something new every time.
Here are some of the questions that will be discussed:
- How do you get discovered as an artist?
- Once you're discovered, how do you negotiate a deal if you've got a job?
- How do you get an agent to represent you?
- What are the tools that illustrators use (computers, software, pens, pencils, brushes)?
- Why do you create?
- How do you stay motivated?
- How do you battle creative block?
- How do you balance work and life and still have a successful career and have a successful family life?
Message from Jake, Terry, and Lee:
Thanks for checking out 3 Point Perspective. We'd love it if you would subscribe to our podcast so you'll know whenever new episodes drop and you'll be able to listen to them right away.
We would also love any sort of feedback you have. Did you like how the topic was presented? What's your perspective on the topics? What are things that you wanna learn about? What are questions that you have about illustration?
Please hit subscribe and join us for future episodes of the Three Point Perspective podcast, and we will see you in the next episode.
Jake, Will, and Lee