OK, all you padawans! It's contest time!
The new prompt for December takes place a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. This month we want you to redesign 4 characters from the Star Wars saga. This contest is like The Wizard of Oz one we did a while back, except Star Wars instead 😀
- Redesign ANY 4 characters from the Star Wars saga. We don’t need a background on this one, so don’t waste time there. This one is a character design challenge.
- You are free to explore any style you like. Don’t worry about keeping it to animation or “concept art” style, etc. Have fun with it and use a style you like. One way to really get going on this assignment is to put the characters in different times in history. Steam punk, western, cave man, futuristic, Renaissance, etc, could all be options. Be creative and try to have fun with it. Put a fresh spin on these old characters that we know so well.
- We are looking for a cohesive style for the work. We are looking at how your design and pose convey character and emotion. Pose is extremely important for this one since you don’t have a background or scene to help tell the story.
- No Jedi mind tricks! We just want to see your art skills.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Use the force and draw something awesome.
- Post your final illustration on the SVS Forum, in the thread titled December Illustration Contest: Star Wars. KEEP THIS THREAD FOR FINAL IMAGES ONLY. If you want feedback on a WIP, create a new thread. It gets too confusing if it's all shown in one thread. Note: You will need to login into a Forum user account in order to post.
- Keep the file size no more than 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- Don’t forget to include your name AND SVS name ON THE IMAGE so we can give you credit! And if you want us to tag you, include your handle too. This saves us a lot of time in the end when we are trying to give credit. It also allows others to quickly see who did the work later if they grab your image for reference, etc.
- Also, only submit if you are OK with us posting your image on social media.
- Limit it to one entry per person.
- Post by Dec. 31 at the stroke of midnight!
- 1st place: free one month subscription or T-shirt (your choice)
- 2nd runner up: free one month subscription (you get a refund for that month if you are already a subscriber)
- honorable mentions: the chance to bask in the limelight